Chocolate Graham Cupcakes w/ toasted Marshmallow frosting!

on Saturday, November 19, 2011
I woke up really late today so I didn't get to go to the grocery store before lunch. After lunch, my aunt asked me if I wanted to go to the mall, I said yes and we (aunt, sis and myself) left around 3pm.

I showed her the mixer I want lol (see previous post) and she told me that she needs to buy a new washing machine first so I have to wait for my other aunt to give it to me or my dad or idk somebody else. DEEP SIGH.

Anyway, we went to Cooks Exchange to buy some disposable pastry bags, a tip and a coupler. The shop was small but they have tons of stuff that I want to bring home. Omg I wanted to get a kitchen blowtorch so I can just torch the marshmallow (s'mores effect lol) but welp it was php2,500 aw next time, next time!

So let's go to the fun part. Cupcakes!

So basically this cupcake was inspired by s'mores. It has a graham cracker and chopped chocolate base. You bake that for about 5 minutes just to get that crunch we all love. Then you add the chocolate batter, it's very easy to do, very thin batter too! Then you add a little bit of graham cracker mix and chocolate on top to give an extra chocolatey and crunchy top. To finish it off, we have a meringue frosting, it tastes a lot like marshmallow, and unlike the normal meringue (French meringue?), you actually put the white egg plus sugar mixture on a double boiler while you let the two things incorporate, and make sure the sugar is completely melted or else you will have lots of crystals on your frosting and that is not ideal at all okay lol. I think this is called Swiss meringue. We're supposed to torch the marshmallow frosting because it's supposed to be a s'mores cupcake, but I don't have a blowtorch. What I did was I put the frosted cupcakes back to the oven and just let it bake for another five minutes, just to make that frosting burn a little so it would be crunchy. Thank god the cupcakes are very moist (special thanks to the melted chocolates too!) and they didn't get overbaked. Lol I was savedddddddddddd!

This is the graham cracker crunch plus the chocolate chips before putting them in the oven :-)


Baked base + chocolate cupcake batter and extra crunchy top!

Frosting in the making :-)

I used a star tip but I recommend using a flat tip or a round tip because this kind of cupcake looks better with big, tall and fat frosting (fail tip lol)

I wanted the tall, big mountain of frosting but since the tip was too small, I ended up doing zigzag lines lol I suck omg

In the end we just had to use all the frosting (didn't want them to be wasted) so we just spread them on top of the cupcakes, then we baked all of them so they get toasted (we want them marshmallow crunchy rightttttt) 

The chocolate in the base melted and it was so delicious oh my god

I told you my grandpa loved it. He ate two lol.

Bonus cupcake! The Maine <3 PIONEER SOON HOLLA

Fun fun day. I love baking omg I want to learn more and it's so fun! If you wanna try it, you can find the recipe in Martha Stewart's site! It's an awesome recipe, you need to make these cupcakes!

xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...